Springtail & Isopod Food
Critters Direct Springtails & Isopods Food is guaranteed to exponentially boost your culture’s yield. Our all natural recipe is designed to produce the nutrient rich fungus arthropods need to be healthy, active, and reproduce quickly. Our food container features the following:
- 8 oz. size
- Crystal clear for freshness visibility
- Made of food grade FDA compliant material
- Polypropylene shaker cap provides both a spoon dispenser and 3 hole flapper for greater sift resistance and controlled access
- Lightly mist entire culture
- Sprinkle small amount over entire culture 2-3 times per week or when previous feeding has been completely devoured.
- Whole grain brown rice
- Brewers Yeast
- Vitamin D
Springtail Breeding Cultures
Our breeding cultures are teaming with hundreds of active adults and hundreds more juveniles. Breeding cultures are designed to perpetuate breeding and produce springtails in perpetuity if properly maintained. The food grade plastic container retains moisture necessary for fungi growth and springtail hydration. And the 100% all natural hardwood lump charcoal provides a high surface area for springtails to populate and a, porous, carbon rich, organic substrate ideal for nutrient rich fungi growth. To extract springtails from breeding culture simply add water, float springtails to top, and pour springtails into desired habitat.